Majorca, located in the Balearic Islands, is known for its beautiful sandy beaches, stunning architecture, rich pine forest, and fantastic restaurants. Sounds like paradise, right? After visiting this past summer, I can say for sure it is! Most of us won’t get unlimited time here in Majorca, so I created this itinerary for the perfect 4 nights in Majorca!
For geographical reference, Ibiza, known to most as “the party island” is 2 hours away by ferry. You might be wondering what makes Majorca so special? Why should I choose the Balearic islands over any other island? Well, if you are someone who likes to mix old town exploring with turquoise blue waters and white sand, then Majorca is the place for you!
This island is also very safe, perfect for any solo traveling females. It is also a popular holiday destination for a girls’ trip. Rarely do I say that I want to go back to a place, but Majorca is the exception! There are so many fun things to do and explore here; I see myself coming back year after year.
The Best 4 Nights in Majorca
Let me start this itinerary by giving you a few ideas on where to stay. When I travel alone, I always stay in the most central hotel I can afford. I think when traveling solo, its important not to feel isolated. When you stay in the capital Palma, you are surrounded by all the action.
Below is a shortlist of some of the best hotels in the capital of Palma. All these hotels are stylish, modern, and incredibly convenient.
- Ramón Llull House This hotel is more of an Airbnb apartment experience. My unit was a one-bedroom with a fully equipped kitchen, washer, and dryer.
- Es Princep Boutique hotel within a stone’s throw of the ocean. Rooftop pool and bar!
- Sant Francesc Hotel Singular– This stellar boutique hotel is located in the center of the old town.
Holidays to Majorca can be as inexpensive as you want them to be since it is free to relax by the beach all day. When I was younger, I was all about the cheapest possible option. Now that I am a bit older and less interested in staying out all night, I make different choices. You can expect my suggestions to fall into the mid-range price point. All my hotel recommendations for 4 nights in Majorca are considered boutique hotels.
If you travel in the high season, which is between May and September, accommodations can be very costly. I have noticed super cheap flights, but overly expensive hotels. Something to consider is visiting just at that very beginning or end of the season. I rarely go places in high season; for me, the end of the season is the best. That is when I find the best deals.
For the Beach Lovers
If you want to make your Marjoca trip all about the sandy beaches here is a complete list. My 4 nights in Majorca itinerary will focus on the capital of Palma. With this list, you can easily add to your own itinerary.
- Cala Bona – This sandy beach is located on the upper east coast of Majorca. You will find it is a popular holiday destination for British tourists. There is a bicycle track that will take you from Cala Bona to Cala Millor, San Coma, and Son Servera.
- Palma Nova- This resort is often a package holiday deal you will find popular with families visiting the island. Palma Nova beach is located in the southwest of the island.
- Cala Millor – Dreaming of turquoise water, with crystal clear visibility? Let your beach fantasy come true here in Cala Millor. This Balearic island beach is located on the east coast of the island and has a lovely promenade.
- Calas de Mallorca- This resort area is popular with families and singles. It is located on the east coast of the island, south of Porto Cristo.
- Santa Ponsa – Located on the southwest side of Palma, is most popular with British tourists.
Grab the free GOOGLE MAP of these popular Majorca beaches! Just click the button below!
For your first day in Majorca, you can ease into the city and get yourself acclimated to downtown Palma. Enjoy a leisurely afternoon marveling at the incredible architecture and laid back culture. When you are looking for some tapas in the center of the old town, I have a suggestion:
- Ombu – This tapas restaurant has the best Sangria in Majorca! As well as the most delicious tapas. You should plan your visit and get a table reserved. Majorca is one of the most popular holiday destinations in the summer. It’s smart to have a plan when it comes to restaurants.
After your tapas, it’s time to stroll over to the Catedral-Basilica de Santa Marie de Mallorca! Spend a couple of hours exploring this incredible Gothic church. You can skip the long line if you purchase tickets with the link above.
Bring your camera as this Cathedral is an amazing spot to take some photographs! If you go early, you will likely have the whole area to yourself as I did.
After that, I would suggest having a rest before dinner. The Spanish tradition of “Siesta” is popular here in Majorca.
That means that after 4 pm some shops will briefly close till around 7 pm.
- Spot– For dinner, I would highly recommend Spot! It was my favorite meal on the island. You should definitely get dinner reservations to guarantee that you will get a table. This restaurant was a little further out than the city center, but not too far. I made the journey on foot in 25 minutes from my hotel.
- Esbaluard Restaurant – For an evening drink looking over the marina, I suggest this incredible place. You might want to reserve a table and have dessert and drinks.
If you are still looking to squeeze a little more fun into your evening, check out the Marina. There are many bars and if you are lucky you can watch some of the multi-million dollar yachts dock.
Wake up bright and early, and get ready for the beach! Depending on your accommodations, you might have breakfast included at your hotel. If you don’t have breakfast available and are looking for a place open early, check out Hotel Cappuccino. They have outdoor seating, and you don’t have to be a hotel guest to eat here.
Platja de Can Pere Antoni Beach
This is your white sand beach in the capital Palma. It was an easy 15-minute walk from my hotel. You can do a few things depending on your budget.
- Bring a blanket, towel, and pack a lunch from items at a local store ($)
- All of the above, plus rent a lounge chair on the beach for 15 euros for the day. ($)
- Go to Assaona Gastrobeach Club and for 25 euros, get a lounge chair, towel, and the ability to order food and drinks served to you. If you are wondering, I chose this option. I found it to be worth every penny! They also have a full restaurant and a nice bathroom! Make a reservation ahead of time. ($$)
For dinner, I would suggest something a little casual after a day at the beach. If you like tacos, you MUST try this restaurant:
- L’Informal Tacos – this little taco restaurant was straight-up impressive! It had a chill vibe and some incredible eats! I would fly back just to go here again.
Another wonderful choice for Tapas is:
Feeling like a day excursion to the east coast of the island? When you have 4 nights in Majorca you will have time for this! The Drach Caves are listed as very popular holiday destinations for many that visit the island. In most of the package holiday itineraries, I often saw them listed.
To visit these caves you could rent a car and do it yourself, or do an organized tour, which I highly suggest. You can choose from either a full day or a half-day. I would suggest going with the full day!
Included in this full-day tour is sightseeing in Porto Cristo! The little fishing village of Porto Cristo has the most idyllic setting. Get ready to be amazed by turquoise waters and sandy beaches.
*Alternative Day Trip Idea – Check out the city of Sineu!
Sineu is located inland and the most central point of the island. The village of Sineu is known for the weekly Wednesday market. The market draws large crowds from all over the island shopping for local produce.
Sineu has less than 4,000 inhabitants and is a real escape from tourism. If you visit this village for some authentic Majorca cuisine be sure and try Sa Plaça.
Rooftop Cocktails with a view
After returning from your full-day excursion on the east coast, no better way to unwind than having a cocktail on a rooftop. I suggest that you book a table for a drink atop the Hotel Es Princep. You could have dinner here, but I would recommend just a drink and save room for dinner at Quadrat Restaurant & Garden.
The restaurant is only a 7 min walk from the Hotel Es Princep! It is the perfect distance to do both places in one night.
For your last full day and night on your holidays to Majorca, you should make it a special one! The island of Majorca has so much to offer for everyone. If you are someone looking to visit a pine forest for hiking, the Balearic islands have you covered.
Here is a list of some of the most popular activities you can do on your last day:
- 5-hour Catamaran Cruise – Enjoy either late morning or early evening cruise around the island of Palma. This tour has a buffet lunch included, with alcohol available for purchase.
- Snorkeling in Beach Reserve – Take full advantage of these turquoise waters with a day of snorkeling.
- Private Guided Walking Tour – Get an education while being mesmerized by the capital Palma city’s beauty.
Another idea for your last day could also be to explore the Serra de Tramuntana on the southwest coast of the island. If you choose to make a trip to the pine forest, you will need to rent a car.
Shopping In Majorca
In Palma there are a few famous streets for shopping. The shopping areas are:
- Passeig des Born
- Avinguda Jaume III
- Plaça Major and Plaça Cort area
Must Have’s For 4 Nights in Majorca
Don’t Forget These Essential Travel Items!
- Waterproof Phone Case – take your phone into that turquoise water!
- Powdered Sunscreen – don’t worry about having too many liquids and get powdered sunscreen!
- Rocky Beach Shoes -Run on those sandy beaches and into the water with no fear.
- Wine Flask for the Beach – wine not have a little cocktail on the beach ; )
- Ultra-Thin Sandless Beach Towel – This towel is really great for traveling!
- Majorca Travel Guide – You can never be too prepared!
If you want to spend a couple of your 4 nights in Majorca shaking your tail feather, read on! Whether is cocktail bars or clubs, Majorca has it all.
In Majorca, some of the most famed nightclubs are:
The nightlife in Palma rages on 365 days a year, but of course is more vibrant in the summer.
If you are feeling a little too old for the party scene, and I hear you, check out these wine bars.
4 Nights in Majorca Solo?
Is Majorca a destination for solo traveling females? I say hell, yes! Palma can be perfect for either a solo getaway or girls weekend. It is all in what you make of it.
What I truly loved about Palma was that it’s not just a beach resort, party island. On the island of Majorca, you can explore the old city, relax by the beach and even visit pine forests. This is what makes Palma so freaking special.
Needing some solo female travel encouragement?
I know that traveling solo can be a little intimidating, or boring sounding.
I promise you, solo travel is empowering and life changing! Need a little more convincing? I have written a post all about solo traveling. Check out the 5 Benefits of Traveling Alone.
Stay in Touch
Pin It For Later!