One of Italy’s most beautiful cities has been getting less attention than it’s super popular sister, Florence. The journey from Florence to Verona via train is just less than 2 hours! It is a beautiful and safe city to visit as a solo female. This guide will have all you will need for the best day trip to Verona!
Verona, Italy is the home of Romeo and Juliet, the most famous love story of all time, written by Shakespeare. Some of you might hesitate about whether to go solo to Verona, but I assure you it is equally beautiful and worth the visit no matter whether you are single or in a couple.
Free Google Map of Verona
The Best Day Trip to Verona
Verona, Solo in the City of Love!
Once you visit, you will see that Verona is like no other Italian city. Its charm and charisma will lure you in right away. The smell of marinara sauce will intoxicate you!
Far less crowded if you are coming from Florence to Verona. You are free to really enjoy this city on your own terms. It surprised me that there wasn’t more people lining the streets when I visited in August.
Now I know the idea of asking for a table for one in a crowded restuarant full of honeymooning tourists doesn’t sound fun. But, I assure you, if you do a little people watching, you will quickly realize that you don’t have it so bad on your own!
For example, just imagine having that whole pizza and a bottle of exquisite Italian wine to yourself, taking your sweet time finishing it. Better yet, take a sigh of relief when you hear that couple two tables over bickering about what to do later. I can promise you if you pay attention, all these couples that you may envy, don’t have it better than you.
Traveling alone can be so incredibly exciting, and liberating. Italy is a safe and very friendly place for a woman exploring around. Maybe at times a little too friendly. Get ready for lots of “Sei Bella, sei Bellissima” compliments on the way, daily.
Best Day Trip to Verona Attractions
Visiting somewhere romantic by yourself doesn’t need to be sad. If you believe in the law of attraction, you know you should be surrounding yourself with the things you want.
Changing your mindset to a celebration and enjoy-life mode will most certainly bring you true joy. Promise! These moments you create for yourself now tells the universe you love yourself and are ready for love.
Now once you arrive, you might get so carried away by all the beauty around that you may forget to visit some important sites.
Here are a few of the must see sites for the best day trip to Verona:
I’m not going to pretend it wasn’t cool to see the famous balcony set to be the place where Juliet calls out to Romeo. It’s a small little courtyard and a tiny balcony! It’s worth checking out!
The line to get in was very long, so I do recommend preparing ahead of time. A city highlights tour could be your perfect solution.
Ancient Roman amphitheater, built to seat 20,000 people, hosting a summer opera program. Tickets are available for purchase online.
This is the church famously set for the marriage of Romeo and Juliet. This church is outside the main city center, across the Adige river. It is easy to reach by foot, around 20 minutes walk from the old town center.
The Tower of Love! Excellent viewpoint for 360-degree views of Verona! Tickets can be purchased online!
The best part doing this day trip from Verona is that it can all be seen in one day! If you have extra time, you might want to consider staying the night. I would highly recommend looking into the hotels I will list below.
(Disclaimer: Some links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning if you click on the link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you and you may even receive a small discount. See disclosure for more information.)
Love Solo Travel, But Looking For More Out of Life?
Are you feeling misaligned, lost for direction, and in need of a life transformation? I’ve been there. I know, your single friends understand but can’t help, and your coupled friends just can’t relate!
While solo travel helped me gain a lot of clarity in my life, seeing a life coach truly helped me find my purpose.
If you feel you are missing that piece to your life’s puzzle, reach out! I am a certified life coach that knows your pain / has been where you are and found my path to alignment.
Together we can map out the life of your dreams and create a plan to get there!
Accommodations For Verona
You can certainly just make a day trip to Verona. However, you can’t go choosing to stay longer in the lovely Verona. My top priority for hotels is finding one in a central area that is both stylish and charming. Below is a list that entails my suggestions for the best places to stay solo in the city of love.
Top Boutique Hotels in Verona
Another benefit of visiting Verona from any big city, like Florence, is the hotel price difference. You will get more for your money in Verona than you will in Florence.
- La Maison De Charme is an elegant hotel located 150 meters from the old town. This boutique hotel is rated very highly by guests! Free wifi and a community terrace where one could have a drink and talks.
- Hotel Accademia is a beautiful hotel in the heart of Verona. This historic old building converted into a charming boutique hotel that encompasses a fitness center, a bar, and it is also at a hand’s distance from the House of Julia (2 mins walk).
- Arte Nel Centro is a FUNKY hotel! It has uniquely decorated rooms, modern and traditional. Very close to the city center and the central train station.
Incredible and Luxurious Hotels in Verona
- Relais De Charme Il Sogno Di Giulietta– This might be the most romantic hotel in the world. Staying on the site of Juliet’s balcony is pretty hard to beat. Do you need someone special to stay here? Think again, maybe your Romeo or Juliet is just around the corner from this hotel.
- Due Torri Hotel is the crown jewel of Verona, located in the old town. Enjoy the rooftop terrace for breathtaking views and delicious wine.
- Hotel Gabbia d’Oro is a small hotel, only 27 rooms. Lots of character and charm, coupled with high-end touches. Centrally located and books up fast!
Day Trip To Verona Dining Guide
In every post, I always find a way to tell you how much I love food! I pride myself in listing the best restaurants. Even if you are just doing a day trip to Verona, I suggest you find time to eat!
So if you like Italian food just as much as I do, you want to pay close attention to this list below!
Best Breakfast Spots in Verona
- Elk Bakery has it all! If you are looking for a quick pastry or a sit down full breakfast with eggs, visit Elk Bakery! Delicious vegan options!
- Tosca Bistrot is perfect if you want to grab a breakfast sandwich and take it to go! The restaurant does have full-service dining and some killer pancakes!
- Cafe Borsari is one of the highest-rated bakeries in Verona. These pastries are so good; you might fall in love.
Top Restaurants Lunch & Dinner
How much fun is it to eat like no one is watching?? When you travel alone, you can do this! I have been known to eat an entire pizza with no shame.
- Officina Verona is a hip and trendy restaurant with inventive and authentic Italian cuisine. You will find it is not overly priced and located centrally.
- Osteria Mondodoro has a menu with descriptive photos on their website. Osteria is a traditional Italian restaurant that usually has a three-meal set menu for a reasonable price. Don’t forget to take your cafe ristretto at the end of your food indulgence. They are closed on Sundays nights and Mondays.
- Brest Ostricheria – OYSTERS! This place is a fantastic oyster and champagne bar! The menu focuses on shellfish, but does offer some incredible pasta dishes!
- Yard Restaurant enjoy a classic Italian menu served in a sleek and industrial-style restaurant. The pasta here is heaven!
- Flora is an amazing vegan restaurant located in the heart of Verona. Impressive main courses and decadent desserts!
Where to Have Wine and Cocktails for One
If you are making this just a day trip to Verona, you might not have time for a full meal, but want to enjoy a cocktail or glass of wine. This list below might just be the perfect list for a quick drink and snack.
- Enoteca Segreta Di Poliluigi – a lovely wine bar that serves up perfectly paired treats to its wide selection of wines. A great place to start the evening in Verona!
- The Soda Jerk is a sleek and modern bar. So much style and so many cocktails, a great place for after dinner.
- Signorvino for a popular wine shop/wine bar. Knowledgeable staff and delicious snacks!
Best Day Trip to Verona Transportation Info
Coming from Florence to Verona is a quick journey via train. Depending on the time of day you choose, the trip should be less than 2 hours.
Visiting other cities from Verona, it is quite doable. Look into visiting Bologna as well! It is very famous for its columns, red-colored buildings, San Pietro piazza, and of course, the Bologna University!
Alternative Italian Cities to Visit
Italy has so much to offer for solo females traveling. I want to recommend another region of Italy, not suitable for a day trip from Verona, but your next destination. The east coast of Italy, Bari, to be precise, is another city that gets fewer tourists.
Bari is also a surprisingly affordable city to stay for a few days. The hotel prices were extremely reasonable for being on the coast. If you rent a car in Bari, it’s possible to visit the Amalfi Coast on a day trip.
Even without a car, it is possible to visit by train. The Amalfi coast is magnificent, so I do suggest going. But if you are on a budget, then I advise you to stay in Bari!
To get a taste of authentic Italy, stay in the city center. If you venture out in the evenings, you will see the city come to life! I can recommend that you stay here for a few days, enjoying the coastal life!
If you are interested in receiving news for what’s new on the blog, be sure to sign up for the monthly newsletter below! I also release special freebies and highlight other bloggers!
Support A Small Business
I hope you enjoyed this post The Best Day Trip to Verona! Share your experience with my recommendations here! My goal is to encourage and inspire any solo traveler who has always dreamed of traveling but had been waiting for a partner. Traveling alone can be a liberating and powerful experience.
If you want to support my initiative, and thank me for my service, you can click the button below and buy me a coffee : )
Stay in Touch!