Ok, so you want to be a blogger and are wondering which is the best course to invest in, The Blogger Bootcamp or The SEO Roadmap?
It just so happens I took BOTH these courses and can offer you a solid comparison between the courses so you can make the best choice.
It’s important to recognize that these courses are fundamentally different and cannot be directly compared.
If you come across opinions suggesting one is superior, it’s crucial to consider the unique offerings of each course to understand their distinct value propositions.
This post may have affiliate links. When you click on a link we receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you. See Our Affiliate Policy for more info.
I will point out right away that the SEO Roadmap is an epic course with an unbelievable amount of the highest-quality content. *Spoiler alert with more content comes a higher price tag.
Not that you should discount The Blogger Bootcamp as it does cover topics such as Pinterest and personal branding that are not covered in the SEO Roadmap.
Who Created The SEO Roadmap?
The SEO Roadmap was created by Nina Clapperton, the founder of She Knows SEO.
In 2018, Nina launched her travel blog, but initially, she didn’t see much progress. It wasn’t until 2021 that she decided to focus intently on SEO.
This shift marked a turning point: Nina quickly became proficient in SEO techniques, dramatically boosting her blog’s reach from 5,000 to 55,000 monthly sessions in just half a year.
The success of her unique strategies inspired her to create a blogging course, drawing directly from her own experiences and methods.
What Does The SEO Roadmap Teach You?
This course really does go above and beyond when it comes to content. The lessons are:
- Introduction to SEO Basics
- Step-by-Step Guide to Six-Figure SEO Success
- An Overview of Travel Blogging
- Setting Up Your Website
- Building Credibility and Authority
- Enhancing Website Speed
- Strategies for Effective Keyword Research
- From Beginner to Advanced Keyword Tactics
- Analyzing Competitors’ Strategies
- Essentials of On-Page SEO
- Crafting SEO-Optimized Content
- Strategic Internal Linking Techniques
- Developing a Backlinking Approach
- Conducting Content Reviews
- Incorporating FAQ Sections
- Templates for Blogging
- Simplifying Blog Management with Automation
- Monetizing with Ads
- Affiliate Marketing Strategies for Travel Blogs
- Email Marketing Techniques
- Leveraging Quizzes for Engagement
- Creating and Selling Digital Products
- Running a Blogging Business
- Extra: In-Depth SEO Tool Tutorials
- Building a Blog Support Team
- Additional Resources (FAQ, Productivity Tips, AI Enhancements)
Bonuses: Nina is constantly creating cool things for members of the roadmap such as a specialty scavenger hunt plugin, live training, and check-ins, plus she gives an incredible amount of support in the Facebook Group.
Like I said, it’s an epic course. It has a high price tag, but honestly, it is worth every penny.
What is the SEO Roadmap Missing?
The SEO Roadmap doesn’t include training on Pinterest, which can be a good source of blog traffic. My experience with Pinterest is that you need to be consistent for a long time to see results.
The SEO Roadmap also doesn’t cover how to reach out to brands for collaborations or offer Media Kit templates.
Who Created The Blogger Bootcamp?
Her experience working with high-end brands and businesses makes her course stand out differently.
Christina has other courses such as The Online Course Bootcamp and The Influencer BootCamp, in addition to the Blogger Bootcamp.
All three of these courses are great in their own way.
What Does the Blogger Bootcamp Teach You?
- Establish Your Branding
- Create Your WordPress Blog
- Drive Blog Traffic *Pinterest training
- Set Up The Tech
- Create Your Freebie & Opt-In Page
- Drive Traffic to Your Freebie
- Nurture Your Email List
- Monetize and Create Passive Income
Bonuses: Grow Your Blog with FB & IG Ads training, Lifetime Support in a Members-Only Facebook group, Customizable Media Kits and email Pitch Templates and 20+ Plug-and-Go Email Templates.
What is the Blogger Blogger Bootcamp Missing?
The Blogger Bootcamp course is essentially a crash course designed to guide you in the right direction. It doesn’t aim to be the most exhaustive course in blogging available.
Instead, it’s a valuable course for those beginning to establish their online presence.
I learned a lot from this course, and I fully reviewed it along with The Influencer Bootcamp.
I do think more updates are needed, and from the information I gather from the CG team, this is well underway.
This course needs training on backlinking, site structure, and setups for GSC and GA4.
How To Decide What Course Is BEST for YOU?
It is tough for me to tell you what is best for your needs based on your mission, skill set, niche, and more.
I can tell you what questions you want to ask yourself when deciding on which course to choose from.
- What is your primary focus in blogging?
- a. Creating a lifestyle brand & broad approach to blogging.
- b. Creating an online business and blog-focused approach specifically on SEO for travel blogging.
- Do you want in-depth training on using AI for SEO?
- a. No specific AI training.
- b. Includes AI training for SEO.
- Are you interested in extensive branding and content creation strategies?
- a. Extensive branding and content creation coverage.
- b. Primarily focused on SEO.
- Is learning about social media strategies important to you?
- a. Covers social media strategies.
- b. Less emphasis on these areas.
- Do you prefer a course that provides detailed lessons on Google Analytics and Search Console?
- a. May not delve deeply into these tools.
- b. Detailed lessons on these tools.
- Are you looking for a course that includes personal branding tips?
- a. Includes personal branding tips.
- b. Less focus on personal branding.
- How essential is having access to the teacher in the Facebook Group?
- a. Just as long as there is support from someone, that’s ok.
- b. I want the teacher of the course to actively answer my questions.
This decision should align with your specific learning goals and areas of interest in blogging.
Blogging Tools I Love
- Rank IQ (Keyword Generator)
- Query Hunter! Find all the ranking keywords you are missing in your posts!
- Interact Quizzes! Best and fastest way to grow your email list!
- Keysearch (Keyword Research Tool) Most used and course recommended!
- Link Whisper (Interlinking Post Plugin) It is FREE, and a MUST HAVE.
- Short Pixel (Image Compress Plugin)
- Content Creator Contract Templates
- An ON-BRAND Email Marketing Platform that is easy to use! (Not Active Campaign)
Feeling Unsure About Starting Your Business?
Before you make an investment, and both these courses are investments, you should ask yourself if you are solid in your niche.
If someone were to come up to you on the street and ask you what your business does and why it exists, can you answer them?
I will be honest, when I started my travel blog, I was not at all thinking about my reader as much as I should have.
Understanding who I am writing to and who I am helping has changed the game for me entirely.
The truth is I went through hell and back to get here, and I want something better for you.
Learn more about the services I offer to new entrepreneurs.
Final Thoughts on The Blogger Bootcamp vs The SEO Roadmap
In conclusion, after thorough analysis and personal experience with ‘The Blogger Bootcamp‘ and ‘The SEO Roadmap‘, I hope my insights assist in making a confident choice for your blogging education.
Remember, success in blogging requires dedication and effort. Neither course is a quick fix; they are stepping stones in the rewarding journey of blogging.
Choose the one that aligns best with your goals, and prepare for an exciting and fulfilling experience!
- The Honest Review of Christina Galbato’s Courses
- The Actual Cost of Running A Blog
- How to Create a Downloadable Map
- The Review of Flodesk Email Marketing